[Bldg-sim] Creating a weather file

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Wed Sep 12 06:17:11 PDT 2012

Dear Khristiam,
I have been using .epw files from www.weatheranalytics.com in the last couple of years, and recommend that you look at their site because their files are more complete than what you might put together from www.wunderground.com. (and inexpensive, too!)
However, I made a another method to collect data from Wunderground before Weather Analytics was founded, and I have attached the executable file as well as the source code.  Warning!  I have not used this for a couple of years and am not sure if it still works properly.
Finally, someone posted an Excel file on this forum or the EnergyPlus forum with a macro to pull information from Wunderground - I have included that, too.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653