[Bldg-sim] DOE2.1E Execution RE: DOE2.1E program

Varkie Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Mon Apr 8 08:53:04 PDT 2013

Answers to some more questions

DOE2.1E runs in the Command Prompt (DOS) window.

I could not run it with 64-bit computer and Windows 7.

It works with Windows XP Mode & Virtual PC in Windows 7 (see attachment)

I still prefer the BDL method of input because you are left with a text
specifications or report of the building loads, systems, plant & economics.

I have templates to model most of the features of DOE2.1E schedules, loads,
systems, plant & economics (see attached examples - not executable)

I think it is possible to do all this with EnergyPlus also.

The eQUEST method of tracing AutoCad drawings is an excellent method to
create the building physical model.

It is fast & accurate and easy to check.

Varkie

http://www.iit.edu/arch/faculty/thomas_varkie.shtml