[Bldg-sim] VAV Minimum Flow Setpoint and Supply Air Temperature Reset in ASHRAE 90.1-2007

Nathan Miller nathanm at rushingco.com
Fri Apr 12 16:55:35 PDT 2013

My two cents.

1)      Is the change an admission that the previous requirement could
lead to an inefficient baseline system? Yes.

2)      Are you justified in "exploiting" it to achieve high energy
savings? Yes.

These are the rules of the game. Sometimes they benefit the baseline
system, sometimes they benefit the proposed system.

If that doesn't make you feel comfortable, you could always see if there
was a specific addendum to 90.1-2007 where that change was made and
"elect" to apply that addendum in its entirety to your model.

Nathan Miller - PE, LEEDRAP BD+C, CEM

Mechanical Engineer/Senior Energy Analyst

RUSHING | D 206-788-4577 | O 206-285-7100

Our new web site:  <http://www.rushingco.com/> www.rushingco.com