[Bldg-sim] Fan power when changing baseline system per LEED District Energy rules (UPDATE)

Jason Kirchhoff jason.p.kirchhoff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 13:50:32 PST 2013

Regarding my earlier question, Trane TRACE is using the formula for CAV
Systems 3-4 when calculating 90.1 fan power with FCU as the baseline
system. In my case, I'm seeing a large benefit because the formula includes
motor efficiency, which is only 82.5% for most of the small single room
FCUs.

This gets me the most EAc1 points, so I am with only modest shame leaning
towards this approach. Does using this formula seem reasonable enough to
others in the modeling community?

*Jason Kirchhoff*
Technical Director
Energize Analytics