[Bldg-sim] what shall be the reason that so little number of software is approved for California title 24?

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Feb 20 19:54:04 PST 2013

Because the California Energy Commission has a thorough and some would say onerous certification procedure requiring the software vender to do a suite of 160 certification test runs to demonstrate that their software produces results that are consistent with the Commission's results.  All this is spelled out in Chapter 5 (if my memory is correct) of the Commission's 350+ page ACM (Alternate Compliance Method) manual. How this will change in the future is not clear since the Commission has embarked in 2007 on a new procedure where they would take charge of the entire compliance calculation procedure, instead of specifying the rules.

Sent from my IPad

Joe Huang