[Bldg-sim] EPW Weather Data (Local Time vs Solar Time)

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Jan 16 09:03:27 PST 2013

I took a look at an old atlas and Sydney's near the middle of its time zone. Please keep
in mind that the solar data in the vast majority of weather files is modeled, i.e.,
calculated from other parameters or satellite imagery, so they're quite dependent on the
solar angle calculations.  I know that's the case with the IWEC, not positively sure about
the RMYs, though.

I'm attaching a scratch version of the weather file for Sydney I created for the ASHRAE
IWEC2 set (file sent in separate e-mail to just Mostapha,  I think I'm allowed to do
that).  Please look at that for a comparison, and let me (and others) know what you find.
The file is in text, and the columns are clearly identified.

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D
Moraga CA 94556