[Bldg-sim] SEER and Fan Energy

Santiago Velez santiagogvelez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:10:00 PST 2013

Robert, I don´t know if I understood your question; If I did this is my
opinion: In some cases Indoor fans are included in SEER (E.g. Rooftop).
Since you are modelling fans and Refrigeration cycle efficiency separately,
you need to subtract this energy from the SEER calculation. On the other
hand, additional fan power is related to the baseline for 90.1, and its
additional fan power your Baseline will use so that certain beneficial
aspects of the proposed design or equipment (eg. Merv 13 filter) are not
excluded from the project because of energy increase.

In *Energypro* you model the rooftop and you have inputs for Cooling