[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED: Building Performance Analyst

David Reddy david at 360-analytics.com
Thu Jul 11 11:10:41 PDT 2013

360 Analytics is a consulting firm specializing in building performance
analysis, and we are currently seeking applicants for good people to
join our team.  Our work covers a broad range of services, including:

  * Performing analysis and providing recommendations to clients to
    optimize building design for energy and water performance.
  * Energy modeling for LEED and other green building certifications.
  * Utility bill analysis, measurement and verification, and other
    evaluations of actual building performance
  * Energy code compliance assistance.
  * Development of simulation-based compliance software and other tools
    to automate the modeling process.

Motivated, creative, and detail-oriented people with an interest in
energy analysis for a variety of building-related applications should
apply.  We are currently seeking applications for two positions,
dependent on applicant's qualifications/experience.

Analyst I qualifications:

  * BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education/knowledge of
    fundamental thermodynamic principles.
  * MS in Mechanical Engineering and working knowledge of building
    systems -or- 2 years experience working in a position involving
    analysis or design of building systems.
  * Working knowledge of energy modeling software, such as
    eQuest/DOE-2.2 or OpenStudio/EnergyPlus.
  * Proficient with MS Excel and other software to analyze and report data.
  * Strong reading/writing, research, and interpersonal skills.
  * EIT certified.

Senior Analyst qualifications:

  * BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education/knowledge of
    fundamental thermodynamic principles.
  * 5 years experience designing building mechanical systems or a
    combination of design/energy analysis.
  * Experience independently coordinating and completing energy analysis
    projects on schedule and within budget, communicating results to
    clients, and reviewing the work of entry-level analysts.
  * Proficiency with energy modeling software, such as eQuest/DOE-2.2 or
    OpenStudio/EnergyPlus, and MS Excel
  * Strong reading/writing, research, and interpersonal skills.
  * Licensed PE or qualified to sit for PE exam.

Additional desired skills/experience applicable to both positions:

  * Knowledge of one or more computer programming languages --
    preferably Ruby or VBA.
  * Experience with other analysis tools commonly used in our industry,
    such as Radiance, WINDOW/THERM, CFD.
  * Building energy auditing or commissioning experience.
  * Familiarity with building energy codes, specifically Washington
    State/Seattle Energy Code, California Title 24, and ASHRAE Standard
    90.1.
  * Architectural, HVAC, lighting or plumbing design experience.
  * LEED AP or familiarity with LEED and other green building standards.

The position is located at our office in the Northgate neighborhood of
Seattle, WA.  We offer competitive pay, profit-sharing, training, and
the opportunity for growth in a growing, dynamic company. Please send
cover letter and resume via email to: jobs at 360-analytics.com. If
selected for further consideration, a sample of writing
(non-proprietary) and a brief test of relevant skills may be requested.

--

David Reddy

*360 Analytics*
Building Energy Analysis Consultants
mail:     9750 3rd Ave NE, Suite 405, Seattle, WA 98115
office:  206.557.4732 x 201
cell:      206.406.9856
web:    www.360-Analytics.com