[Bldg-sim] (no subject)

Wahid Hamed wahid.hamed at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 02:08:33 PDT 2013

Dear Energy Modelers,

I am doing an office building simulation. The proposed building is VAV
system with electric heating source. While the baseline is system 6
Packaged VAV with PFP Boxes.

The simulation run for the proposed building came across results with very
strange unmet load hours "HOURS ANY ZONE ABOVE COOLING THROTTLING RANGE  =
8760". On other hand the baseline is ok.

I would like to know if there is a way to verify such strange result.
Furthermore, the proposed building has Zone Thermostat Throttle Range 5°R,
and Indoor Design Temp. 72 F/70 F Cooling/Heating.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Regards,

Wahid H. Mohamed, LEED AP BD+C
Mechanical Project Engineer, Energy Modeler
Saudi Diyar Consultants
www. <http://www.diyar.com>
<http://www.diyar.com>diyar.com<http://www.diyar.com>
 ****