[Bldg-sim] Federal Building Energy Efficient Case Studies - Section 433 Business Case

sukreet singh sukreetsingh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 15:18:41 PDT 2013

Hi Energy Modeling Community,

I understand this is not energy modeling related question, but is directly
related to our field. I have been asked to prepare a business case to
defend US Governement's initiative on Energy Efficiency in which all
federal buildings should meet 2030 Challenge (Section 433). There is a
resistance from a segment of Congress for Shaheen-Portman Energy Efficiency
Bill and are seeking an amendment to repeal section 433, thereby gutting
the federal commitment to 2030.

I am seeking fairly recent case-study examples which demonstrate that
'Federal Buildings' like courthouses/offices are meeting current 2030
target of 55% reduction from 2003 CBECS. This might be in the form of
modeling documentation or actual metered consumption. It would be then have
some basis to say that achieving next step of 70% reduction is very much
viable.

Any other 'recent' resources/documentation on benefits of energy
efficiency, increased productivity, successful energy efficiency strategies
implementation on larger scale (city/state/utility) are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

*Sukreet Singh, *

*Energy Analyst*

*Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc.*