[Bldg-sim] Building Simulation Stackexchange Proposal made it to the Commitment Phase!

Varkie Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Mon Jul 1 09:08:55 PDT 2013

Is there any interest in developing the objectives in Building Energy
Performance Analysis Notes http://bepan.info/
For example: you can achieve percent energy savings for LEED, but ECM's
might make no practical financial sense.
It requires Life Cycle Cost Analysis and a first & operating cost database.
See
3 - Building-Energy-Savings-Options (To be redeveloped by Building Type)
4 - Design-Standards Database (To be redeveloped, updated & maintained)
5 - Design-Criteria Database (To be redeveloped, updated & maintained)
6 – Bldg-Cost-Database for LCCA (To be redeveloped, updated & maintained)
A few years ago we met at IIT-Chicago decided to create a Group to develop
it. http://www.iit.edu/arch/programs/graduate/phd/rsrch/beparg.shtml
Varkie Thomas
http://www.iit.edu/arch/faculty/thomas_varkie.shtml