[Bldg-sim] DIVA DAY and Executive Education Program

Christoph Reinhart tito_ at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 11 15:18:20 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues:

This is a reminder that the early bird registration for DIVA DAY 2013, which will be held on July 15th in New York, ends this Friday. To register please go here<http://www.solemma.net/DIVA-for-Rhino/Diva-Day-Early-Registration.php>.  A current agenda for the day can be accessed here<http://diva4rhino.com/diva-day-2013/agenda>. Some of you might also/instead be interested in a three day Executive Education Program<http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu/programs/daylighting-buildings-1> on Daylighting Buildings at Harvard on July 8-10.

Who should attend which event?

DIVA DAY is most suited for two different groups: Practitioners or educators who are either are already familiar with daylighting and energy analysis and who would like to actively participate in a discussion of how to apply them in practice or to teach them at the university level. If you fall into this category you will get a lot of new ideas that you can directly apply. Alternatively, you may be a practitioner or educator who considers adding daylighting and energy analysis to your skill set but you first want to see whether this is worth your time. The day provides good networking opportunities for both groups.

The Executive Education Program is effectively a compressed three day version of the MIT Daylighting Class. We will be going through the theory and practice of conducting advanced daylight simulations and glare analysis using Radiance/Daysim and E+ as well as HDR photography. On days one and two we will go back and forth between presentations and hands on exercises. On day three participants will work on a project of their own with support provided by the instructors. If you take this class, you will learn how to actually do simulations or what pressing certain buttons actually means.

We scheduled the two events back to back so that you can first learn the theory and then participate in the discussion, all in one week.

All the best,

Christoph