[Bldg-sim] Recommended reading on comparison of models to actual?

John R Ross III PE energy.wwind at cox.net
Fri Jun 28 08:25:45 PDT 2013

Hi  Jeremiah;

I think you misunderstood my offer of co-operation.

I did NOT offer you a FORTRAN IV model of the energy use of a building
dating from  1977 or 1980.  I had both at  one time.  The 1980 model simply
crushed a few thousand combinations of insulation, finance rates, etc.

I  DID offer Phase Change Energy Solutions and Vesture Corporation in
Ashboro NC a trial Proof of Concept installation site with an
established energy
performance over 3 different heat pump installations, with and without
active thermal
solar on the roof running, asymmetric soffits, among other features in
Washington DC's
challenging 4000 degree day heating season and humid 2000 degree day
cooling season..
That offer has expired.

"modeling has came a long way since 1897! "
Yes it has. that would make me,  with BSME at age 20 (didn't have as
much content back then)
about  136 years old now.  On the factual side you will find evidence of
extremely sophisticated
solar pond engineering in early   Precolumbian  South America in
Ecuador??  Peru?? the Solar
ponds keep the growing vegetables relatively warm at night..........
The argument centers on
how they came up with the design without Western math tools  - trig,
calculus......

I do not have much time for NDA's and tele-meetings... thanks anyway
You never replied to me directly at all; Since my misunderstood offer.

If you don't have any time for   NDA's ,  where  does  that leave you in
Todays  (started March 15, 2013)  First-to-File  Patent Law Landscape ???
versus the old first to invent system..........

By the way  guys on the list     "Pre -- Columbian" as used here means
before Christopher Columbus;
nothing else,  and it was not in the spelling checker.  (LOL)

OK  Back to Work It's  1130am early lunch is gone.........

bye

John R Ross III PE

Westwind Corporation
Vienna, VA 22182-1958