[Bldg-sim] Simergy GUI for EnergyPlus: Public Beta 2 posted

Philip Haves phaves at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 1 15:43:25 PST 2013

(with apologies for cross-posting)

      Simergy Public Beta 2 posted

A second public beta version of the Simergy free graphical user
interface for EnergyPlus has been posted at
http://simergy-beta.lbl.gov/.  Key features of Simergy include:

- Comprehensive and Loop Level HVAC System Templates for typical and
high performance systems
- Drag and drop component-level editing of HVAC systems to adapt
templates and build custom systems
- Geometry options:
     - import of building geometry from 3D CAD/BIM using IFC or gbXML
     - build custom geometry from 2D plans (dwg/dxf) or draw free form
and extrude vertically
     - build your own geometry from base shapes
- Management of multiple design alternatives
- Pre-defined reports and interactive visualization of EnergyPlus output
- Training and support documentation including links to EnergyPlus
documentation.

It is worth going through the 1 page Essential Reading included as part
of the installation before using Simergy.

*Contest!
*

To encourage beta-testers to report issues, we have organized a contest
with iPad 4's as prizes (donated by Simergy Development Partner Trane)
for the contestants who document the greatest number of issues.  Details
will be emailed shortly to people who register as beta testers.

Our thanks to all who have expressed interest in Simergy, particularly
to those who have volunteered to be beta-testers.

Philip Haves

Leader, Simulation Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
One Cyclotron Road, MS 90R3111