[Bldg-sim] epact 179d fan power

Steve Jacobs sjacobseng at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:23:37 PST 2013

I have a question about the fan power calculation used for 2001 epact
models.

The NREL guidelines say to use the 2001 fan power allowance instead of
appendix G. However, the 2001 guidelines are only for nameplate horsepower.
The nameplate requirements are actually the same in 2001 and 2004.

COMNET says to use the formula bhp = nhp * eff_motor, then fan power (watts)
= (bhp * 746)/eff_motor

This comes out to fan power(watts) = nhp * 746

This doesn't seem to make sense to me. What have you guys been using for fan
power?

-          Steve