[Bldg-sim] ADOPT Design Optimisation Competition results

Yi Zhang YiZhang at dmu.ac.uk
Sat Mar 9 04:11:38 PST 2013

As part of the Advanced Design + Optimization (ADOPT) project, we held a Design Optimization Competition in Oct-Dec 2012 (see http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/content/view/135/206/).

The Competition attracted 201 participants from 37 countries/regions, and received 30 submissions from 12 countries by the closing date in December. We have now put all the finalists online, so you can analyse their designs and see if you can further improve the performance. The models and reports are here: http://www.iesd.dmu.ac.uk/~adopt/wiki/doku.php?id=competition:submissions. Please feel free to leave comments on the submissions. To me, it is still a mystery how 018 and 214 achieved their low carbon emissions.

By the way, all models are in DesignBuilder format. The evaluation copy of DesignBuilder can view the models and existing simulation results even after the evaluation period has expired.

Cheers,

Yi

Dr Yi Zhang
IESD, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK