[Bldg-sim] Title 24 Performance Approach including renewable Electricity Production

Nadir Abdessemed Abdessemed at Transsolar.com
Wed Mar 6 02:31:11 PST 2013

Thank you very much Robert.

I wonder, if I drive the chiller plant directly with the PV system, couldn't we argue that I can then draw my system boundary around Chiller+PV for a very efficient cooling system, i.e. solar cooling ...?

This efficient system would then reduce my energy consumption associated to cooling, no?

Kind regards
Nadir

________________________________
Von: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] Im Auftrag von RobertWichert
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. März 2013 20:05
An: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Betreff: Re: [Bldg-sim] Title 24 Performance Approach including renewable Electricity Production

California Title-24 Energy Compliance calculations do not allow any credit for PV energy.  Solar hot water is accounted for, but not electrical production.

Not at all.

It looks like the 2013 Standards will allow credit, but I don't know how much or how at the moment.

Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C

+1 916 966 9060

FAX +1 916 966 9068