[Bldg-sim] SF discrepancy between Daylighting model and Architecture drawings

Jill Dalglish jill at jilldalglish.com
Wed Mar 20 13:48:08 PDT 2013

Te Qi,

If you're talking about LEED credit IEQ 8.1, I have noticed that reviewers only care if all of the credits that rely on "regularly occupied space" (ROS) are filled out the same, and that they add up to the building total sf.

It is very difficult to get the architect's numbers and the daylight simulation numbers to be exactly the same, so I usually just use their numbers (as long as they are within about 5% of mine) and report the % of each room that qualifies.

I suggest trying the www.LEEDuser.com forum since this forum is mostly about energy modeling.

Best,
Jill

--