[Bldg-sim] RMESE Meeting May 21

Peter Ellis peter.ellis at bigladdersoftware.com
Thu May 16 10:26:41 PDT 2013

Good afternoon Energy Modelers!

Join us *Tuesday, May 21* for the next meeting of the Rocky Mountain Energy
Simulation Engineers (RMESE). *Ellen Franconi from Rocky Mountain
Institute*will be our guest speaker for the evening.

Ellen will talk about topics touched on in her recent RMI blog post - "Show
Me The Money: Boosting Investor Confidence Through Better Building Energy
Efficiency Modeling."  The context for the discussion is summarized below.
Her blog was picked up by the Environmental Defense Fund Investor
Confidence Project, which can be found at http://www.eeperformance.org/.

Today’s interest in energy efficiency is perhaps the strongest it has ever
been. To capitalize on the investment potential, the risk associated with
retrofit energy savings estimates need to be identified. Project savings
risk can be partially addressed through uncertainty analysis, modeler
credentialing, and establishing modeling process requirements. Continued
progress in these areas will help energy projects be considered alongside
traditional investments. Coupling these advancements with new financing
mechanisms that target outcome-based performance provides the levers needed
to realize retrofit building investment opportunities. The approach offers
a winning triple play that will provide business profit, new U.S. jobs, and
environmental benefits. To realize its benefits will required energy
modelers to expand their role and rethink the way their work is presented.
Specifically, energy modelers will need to account for direct and indirect
benefits and risks associated with energy project performance improvements.

We will be meeting at *The RMH Group’s office in Lakewood at 6:00 pm
Tuesday, May 21 *for* *a short presentation, appetizers, and drinks. There
will be a $10 / person fee to cover the cost of the food and drinks.

The RMH Group is located roughly 1 mile east of NREL at:

The RMH Group, Inc.

12600 W Colfax Avenue

Suite A-260

Lakewood, CO 80215

Please RSVP to Jessie Jones at jjones at rmhgroup.com or (303)312-4641 so that
we can prepare enough food and beverages. This is not invite only- so pass
the word on to coworkers, colleagues, and other industry professionals who
may be interested.

Thank you,
*RMESE Steering Committee*