[Bldg-sim] Modelling 90.1 Baseline Envelope for Existing + Additions

Santiago Velez santiagogvelez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:20:03 PST 2013

Dear forum users, I have modelled a project following Appendix G. and have
received a review regarding my interpretation of % glazed area on the
baseline.

The project is a mayor renovations + Additions (existing conditioned
warehouse + New office building attached). There were no modification on %
area of vertical and horizontal glazing on the existing bit of the building.

My approach was to model existing envelope, shape and fenestration, exactly
the same in both proposed and baseline. The addition was modelled following
the "maximum 40% for vertical fenestration and 5% for skylight" rule. The
result of the whole building for baseline is, 28% vertically glazed and 12%
of skylights (the existing bit was very different than 40%, and 5%
respectively)
The reviewer states that the end result for the baseline should still be
40% and 5%. It is not very clear to me how would I get there.. Do I have to
make the existing fenestration proportionally smaller, just like I would do
for the baseline of a completely new building?

Thanks in advance.

Santiago.