[Bldg-sim] natural ventilation scenario and LEED

Christian Stalberg christian at naturalintelligence.us
Thu Nov 21 16:08:13 PST 2013

I have a factory/warehouse that is using natural ventilation for cooling. What is unusual is that the openings are fixed openings.

At first glance it seems that it would not even qualify as an enclosed space and therefore would not be eligible for energy modeling for LEED. The project is registered at USGBC however, of course I realize that may mean nothing.

If this project could be eligible for LEED certification, I am trying to come up with an approach and all I can think of is pretending the openings are operable and then following the guidelines as outlined in the Advanced Energy Modeling for LEED handbook.

I would appreciate any guidance anyone can offer on this seeming conundrum!

_

Christian Stalberg

Natural Intelligence, LLC

http://naturalintelligence.us