[Bldg-sim] Weather file for Istanbul, Turkey

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Thu Nov 14 13:05:18 PST 2013

If you're using the weather file with IES Radiance, you should make sure that the weather
file contains Daylight Illuminances (Global, Direct Normal, Diffuse,Zenith, etc.), and not
just the Solar Radiation, which indicates the amount of heat rather than light. Both of
the two following weather files contain illuminance data, albeit they're all calculated:

There is an old ASHRAE IWEC weather file for Istanbul (circa 2001) in EPW format that can
be downloaded for free from the EnergyPlus Weather web site.

There is  a new ASHRAE IWEC2 weather file for Istanbul (circa 2010) that is available at
my Web site, but it is not free.  IWEC2 weather files are based on recorded weather
station data for 12 to 25 years, and available for 3,012 locations outside the US and Canada.

For more info on  purchasing individual IWEC2 weather files, please go to
http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.