[Bldg-sim] Energyplus Schedules and Daylight Saving Time

Ryan Tanner ryanatanner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 11:39:40 PDT 2013

Hi Jim,
For my controls investigations, it makes a difference every day during the
DST period, specifically I'm optimizing window open/close schedules for
natural ventilation - and when the windows open at hour 24 instead of hour
1, on a given day (say, on a day x it's a good idea to open windows at hour
1, and a bad idea to open them at hour 24) it really screws with my
results.

For a generic repeating schedule, i agree that it doesn't make much
difference in an annual simulation, but i'm looking at specific days, and
sometimes using actual weather data - so it really is important that i get
the controls implemented on the right day, at the right time.

Thanks for your help,
Ryan

--
cell.401.932.6121