[Bldg-sim] interstitial blinds shading

Michael Hsueh mhsueh at integralgroup.com
Tue Aug 5 09:48:04 PDT 2014

Chris,

That's an interesting question -- I haven't done any modeling of
interstitial blinds myself, but I think that Window might be able to do
this? I know that it has functionality for modeling "advanced shading",
though I haven't personally explored it much. Someone else who is
well-versed in that program can weigh in on this.

Would be good to get some clarification on your question though -- you
mentioned the BSDF, which so far as I know is mainly used in a daylight
modeling context. Are you mainly interested in the daylight quality aspects
of interstitial blinds, or are you thinking mostly about SHGC and
subsequent cooling energy in the space? If the latter, I think a simple
calc/model would likely get you close enough without needing to delve into
too much detail.

*Michael Hsueh* | Project Engineer

*Integral Group *| 427 13th Street | Oakland CA USA 94612
T 510.663.2070 x 241

integralgroup.com <http://www.integralgroup.com/> | mhsueh at integralgroup.com

*Trust* | *Nurture* | *Inspire*

 *See our new book: Integral: Revolutionary Engineering
<https://living-future.org/int%C3%A9gral-revolutionary-engineering>*

*
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Integral-Group-DEEP-GREEN-Engineering-3830399/about>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Integral-Group-Inc/213422145352140>
<http://twitter.com/#%21/IntegralGroupCA>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/IntegralGroupOakland>
<http://www.integralgroup.com/>*

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the information contained on this
email is prohibited.