[Bldg-sim] Diversity factors

Bharath Seshadri s.bharath at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Aug 12 04:24:40 PDT 2014

Hi Rathnashree,

Yes, it’s not easy for a core-and-shell building. We helped design a core-shell building recently. Here are some points we considered:

-          What kind of tenants do you expect to occupy the space? Offices/Laboratories/Workshops etc?

-          If its offices, you could take the same diversity as occupancy i.e. assuming you are using some kind of demand based ventilation control

-          If its Labs/Workshops you could refer to design guides such as Labs21 or local standards

-          But the best option would be to study metered data of buildings of the same function in your region to understand what an acceptable diversity factor for fresh air could be

Hope this helps. Do let me know if you need further references. Would be glad to help.

Regards, Bharath

Bharath SESHADRI |  Research Associate | Energy Research Institute | Nanyang Technological University, Clean Tech One, 1 Cleantech Loop, #06-09, Singapore 637141 (Map)<http://maps.ntu.edu.sg/maps#q:CleanTech%20One> | Mob: (65) 9321-9723 Tel: (65) 6592-3284 GMT+8h | Fax: (65) 6316-3195 | Email:s.bharath at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:scchien at ntu.edu.sg> | Web: www.ntu.edu.sg<http://www.ntu.edu.sg/> &  www3.ntu.edu.sg/erian/<http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/erian/>