[Bldg-sim] Precipitation value in stat extension file.

Michael J Witte mjwitte at gard.com
Wed Aug 27 12:51:39 PDT 2014

Not sure what this section of the EnergyPlus stat file is reporting
(will get this fixed or clarified)

  - Monthly Indicators for Precipitation/Moisture (kPa)
                     Jan    Feb    Mar    Apr    May    Jun    Jul
Aug    Sep    Oct    Nov    Dec
                     1.4      1.6      1.8      1.8      2.3 2.6
2.9      2.8      2.7      2.2      1.8      1.3

But if you keep searching for "precipitation" you'll find what I think
you're looking for

  - Monthly Statistics for Liquid Precipitation mm
                     Jan    Feb    Mar    Apr    May    Jun    Jul
Aug    Sep    Oct    Nov    Dec
        Total       117      43       97       0        0        83
0        0        0        0        0        31
      Max Hourly    36       13       14       0        0        17
0        0        0        0        0        6

That said, I would echo Joe's comments about using this information with
caution.  Some data sources do not contain actual precip amounts but
only a flag for raining or not raining.  The weather processor will fill
in approximate precip amounts in that case.

Mike