[Bldg-sim] VAV Operation Question

Jacob Dunn jdunn at eskewdumezripple.com
Tue Dec 16 15:44:49 PST 2014

Dennis and Jim, thank you for the information and advice.

I’m familiar with the ASHRAE article that you spoke of, but not the PG&E guide.  I’ll definitely have to take a look.

My previously mentioned large, overly complex school model does indeed model all of the points you outlined.  Also, given that it is the LEED baseline, I’m trying to reduce complexity and lump as much together as possible according to the proposed design’s thermal/system zoning. But if there is one zone that is varying wildly different from the others, a separate system may be justified.  In some cases the cycling at night overcools the space to the point where it needs reheat, which seems unrealistic.  I think, however, I may be experiencing some loads issues and this is not necessarily a problem of the HVAC control.

Thanks again for the background information.

Cheers,

Jacob Dunn LEED AP BD+C

ESKEW+DUMEZ+RIPPLE, APC
2014 AIA National Architecture Firm Award

365 Canal Street Suite 3150
New Orleans LA 70130
504.561.8686
eskewdumezripple.com<http://www.eskewdumezripple.com/>