[Bldg-sim] "overcooling" benchamark

Chris Yates chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 23:48:17 PST 2014

Felipe is quoting a Cibse overheating criterion for summertime comfort -
not a heating scenario but a cooling one.

Regarding the table/ graph in Ashrae 55. I found it much harder to comply
with than the cibse guidance. I understand that the cibse guidance is
structured to encourage the take up of natural ventilation.

Cibse Method: A full weather year of simulation is done and excessive
temperatures are binned out of the results. Appropriate weather data (hot)
needs to be used for it to be meaningful.

Network airflow is required in the simulation tool.

I think Felipe is looking for comparable criteria.

Sent from my Android device. Please excuse typos, etc.