[Bldg-sim] Thermal zoning (early design)

Luis Miguel Blanes Restoy lmblanes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 03:16:06 PST 2014

Hi Timur
Have a look at Section *3.3.1. Zone-typing* on:

*Paul Raftery, Marcus Keane, James O'Donnell*

*Calibrating whole building energy models: An evidence-based methodology,
Energy and Buildings, Volume 43, Issue 9, September 2011, Pages 2356-2364,
ISSN 0378-7788, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2011.05.020
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2011.05.020>.
(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378778811002349
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378778811002349>) *

It is a good structured process to follow.
Regards
Luis

>  Timur,
>
> I find the DOE Commercial Reference Buildings very useful for examining
> generic building types.
>
> http://energy.gov/eere/buildings/commercial-reference-buildings
>

> You can also find the models that PNNL researched for various iterations
> of ASHRAE 90.1 which gives info on newer buildings.
>
> http://www.energycodes.gov/development/commercial/90.1_models
>

> You may have to dig into the data a little bit, but you should be able to
> find typical space use breakdowns for these building types.  I'm not sure
> if that's what you're after but they might be helpful.
>

> Scott P. West, P.E., LEED AP BD+C, BEAP, BEMP | *JACOBS* | Mechanical
> Engineer | Energy & Power Solutions | 817.222.8512 office | 817.897.1882cell
> | scott.west at jacobs.com <rick.zilar at jacobs.com> | www.jacobs.com |
> www.jacobs.com/energyportfolio

LUIS M BLANES RESTOY

*IRUSE *INFORMATICS RESEARCH UNIT FOR SUSTAINABLE ENGINEERING
www.iruse.ie
mobile Ireland: +353 83 1346875
mobile Spain: +34 609097818
skype: lmblanes