[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE App G VAV Fan Curve

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Feb 26 10:30:06 PST 2014

Hi Fred,

I dove into this topic some time back specifically trying to understand the Appendix G curve in relation to reset strategies and the DOE2/eQuest default library curves.

Attached discussion (and attached discussions therein) recounts a lively discussion and some helpful visuals I produced to establish my observations, concluding the App. G curve is ultimately... not clear on the matter (and thus inappropriate for direct use in evaluating reset vfd control strategies).  You may find this an interesting read from the bottom up.

Hope that saves you a few steps!

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.