[Bldg-sim] Baseline system type for fossil fuel/electric hybrid

Nicholas Blanton nicholas.blanton at arup.com
Thu Jan 16 07:55:12 PST 2014

Hello,

A project I'm building the energy model for is considering switching to electric heat. I understand that generally you would use the predominant HVAC system, so if the "predominant" system is electric, you would use System 8. See highlighted excerpt below.

My question to you is: what qualifies as "predominant"? Is there some percentage of energy consumption assigned to gas and electricity that signifies either as being dominant?

Thank you for the clarification.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF12A6.36BD23F0]

Nicholas E Blanton
Mechanical Engineer  |  Graduate

Arup
1120 Connecticut Avenue NW  Suite 1110  Washington DC 20036  USA
t +1 202 729 8220    d +1 202 729 8241
m +1 505 228 4154
www.arup.com<http://www.arup.com/>