[Bldg-sim] High School Cafeteria Kitchen Energy Usage

Dónal O'Connor oconnor_dj at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 04:08:15 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm looking for some guidance on estimating cafeteria kitchen energy usage for a high school. Are there any ballpark energy use per square foot values that I could use as the kitchen has not been designed yet? The school is located in a remote area of Canada and it will be powered by a fuel oil boiler. We need to get a sense of the overall energy consumption to start the preliminary sizing of the fuel storage tanks and generators.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dónal