[Bldg-sim] modeling parking garage

Sun May 11 18:49:41 PDT 2014

Craig, thanks for the reply.

I should have been clearer on my objective. The intent is not to
condition the space. I am calculating the stack effect potential for
an underground parking garage. I want to know if a chimney can help
reduce the fan consumption, if yes by how much.

As part of the calculation, I need to know the temperature profile in
the space, hence I also need to know the heat gains from the cars.

The building is in the tropics. The fresh air for CO concentration
control as per 62.1 has already made the temperature go up to 35
degC. I have not included the heat gain from the cars. Higher
temperature will be good for stack effect, but too high is not good
for comfort.

I will check out Airtest data. Any further information along this
line would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ery