[Bldg-sim] Snow melt energy estimation?

Ellen Franconi efranconi at rmi.org
Tue May 20 06:23:08 PDT 2014

Hi Bill,
I looked into a snowmelt system for a fire station project in Aspen years
ago. I came across several papers about the use of geothermal heat pipe
systems for snow melt that have been applied in several installations -
particularly in Japan. Here's one link to a paper that covers the topic
pretty well.
Best regards,
Ellen

http://www.osti.gov/geothermal/servlets/purl/895225-RlOmlU/895225.pdf

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Jones, Christopher <cjones at halsall.com>wrote:

>  David,
>
> Do you have an updated URL for HVAC.okstate.edu?  The link below doesn’t
> seem to work.
>

> *Christopher Jones**,* P.Eng.
> Tel: 416.644.4226 • Toll Free: 1.888.425.7255 x 527

Ellen Franconi, PhD, LEED AP, BEMP
Senior Scientist

Rocky Mountain Institute
1820 Folsom Street
Boulder, CO 80302
303.567.8609 (Desk)
303.245.7213 (Fax)

Creating a clean, prosperous and secure energy future

http://www.rmi.org