[Bldg-sim] Tolerance for unmet load hours

King-Scott, Celia Celia.King-Scott at dnvgl.com
Wed May 28 10:38:18 PDT 2014

Does anyone know what the ASHRAE limitation on the tolerance (in F) for unmet load hours is. Design Builder/EnergyPlus appears to have this tolerance for the heating and cooling setpoint. It is defined as the maximum difference from the heating setpoint when the reporting the time setpoints are not met (for both heating and cooling). If the zone temperature is below the heating/cooling setpoint by more than this value an unmet load hour will be reported.
There is a similar input in eQUEST called the 'Cool control range' and 'Heat control range'.
If you increase the value of this tolerance you will get smaller number of unmet load hours. I was told once that ASHRAE has a limit on what this tolerance is however I am unable to locate it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Best regards
for KEMA Services Inc., USA

Celia King-Scott PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP BD+C
Senior Engineer, Sustainable Buildings & Communities

E-mail celia.king-scott at dnvgl.com<mailto:celia.king-scott at dnvgl.com>
Mobile +16193097441 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting  |  Direct +16196880960 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting x 75120
www.dnvgl.com<http://www.dnvgl.com/>  |  LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/dnvgl>

DNV KEMA is now DNV GL
[DNV GL]<http://www.dnvgl.com/>
DNV and GL have merged to form DNV GL
We are now the world's largest ship and offshore classification society, the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry, and a leading expert for the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. We've also taken a position as one of the top three certification bodies in the world. Read more here: www.dnvgl.com/merger<http://www.dnvgl.com/merger>.

This message may contain confidential or private information. If you are not the addressee, please return the message to its sender and delete it from your files. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
sender and delete it from your files. Please consider the environment before printing this email.