[Bldg-sim] question regarding lighting efficiency/gains units ofmeasurement

António Manuel Almeida aalmeida at isec.pt
Thu May 29 03:09:17 PDT 2014

Hi, everyone.

I think that we are talking about W/m^2 per 100 lux. This is the measure for maximum lighting power density (LPD) in some
European countries regulations like from Portugal or Spain.
An example: if the maintained average illuminance in a room is 300 lux and the maximum LPD per 100 lux is 2,5 W/m^2
then the maximum LPD for that room is 7,5 W/m^2.
If you want a similar measure with US standard it will be something like W/ft^2 per 10 fc or other illuminance quantity.

Best Regards.
António Manuel Almeida
aalmeida at isec.pt
INESC Coimbra