[Bldg-sim] Unable to create windows in sketchup using OS plugin and Plugin error

Sanket Puranik sanketpuranik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 03:50:25 PST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to create windows on a 5 storey building. I am not using the
WWR tool but manually inserting windows by creating rectangle of same
dimension and then using "project loose geometry" tool. however over some
surfaces I am facing problems that the windows are not being created. Apart
from this I have certain obsercvations as follows:

1) Over some surface I have to mention Length first followed by height, for
eg 4,5 where 4 is length and5 is height, and on some surfaces it should be
vice versa.

2) I am creating a rectangle of dimension of window and then pasting it on
all the surfaces which have similar window size. when i project these loose
geometry then not all windows are created. I observed that all the surfaces
where the length, breath format of mentioning dimension gets reversed the
windows are not project. Why is this happening??

3) As it is quite big building, after adding certain number of windows an
error occurs after which the OS plugin disappears and building appears in
wireframe. after this now windows can be added and no editing of model is
effective any more. I am attaching the error as pictures. !st pic shows the
error other shows the building how it looks after error.

4) While creating windows using WWR method such errors were never seen, is
it some problem while creating individual windows? and how to go about it
as having uniform window length using WWR method would not give right
representation of building, as different rooms have different windows sizes
& over hangs depending upon their orientation.

5) Also by mistake I deleted a wall, fortunately i didn't save it so was
able to get it back, but is there any way to just create a wall in already
built model?

Best,
Sanket