[Bldg-sim] General query - impact of location on energy demand

Jeetendra Kumar jitendra_kr at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:28:15 PDT 2014

Hi All,
Thank you for the responses.
Brian: your reply shows a comparison which I was looking for, although the data you shared seems different from what's available from EIA and Eurostat.
Jim: Thanks for pointing out the "comfort expectations" aspect. This adds a dimension that seems difficult to analyze - gap analysis for different locations. Please share if you can suggest any source for comfort benchmarks.
Shanta: for conciseness, I'd skipped what you pointed out, but sure this has to be accounted for. Thanks for pointing this out. Also, for suggesting the ASHRAE tables and the link.
Jeremiah: didn't know about the link. Thanks. Shall try checking that soon.

Well, I would like to ask you the following question(the reason for my earlier questions):
Do you think our understanding of the impact of location on energy and emissions, esp due to natural factors, can be used for planning where should we build cities in future, to fight global warming?
For now, just a no/yes is fine.
Looking forward to your views.
Sincerely,
Jeetendra.