[Bldg-sim] 90.1-2010 Baseline lighting power allowance calculation

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:48:19 PDT 2014

​Wait a minute, guys. I suddenly recall that Table G3.2 has been removed
from Appendix G by its addendum cg. In the same addendum, Table
3.1/6.lighting has also been modified. I just quote the relevant part for
your consideration:

Proposed design

"e. The lighting schedules in the proposed building design shall reflect
the mandatory automatic lighting control requirements in Section 9.4.1
(e.g., programmable controls or occupancy sensors).
Exception: Automatic daylighting controls required by Section 9.4.1 shall
be modeled directly in the proposed building design or through
schedule adjustments
determined by a separate daylighting analysis approved by the rating
authority.
f. Automatic lighting controls included in the proposed building design but not
required by Section 9.4.1 may be modeled directly in the building simulation
or be modeled in the building simulation through schedule adjustments
determined by a separate analysis approved by the authority having
jurisdiction. As an alternative to modeling such lighting controls, the
proposed building design lighting power density may be reduced by the sum
of all additional allowances per Section 9.6.2c and Table 9.6.2, which are
calculated individually as the lighting power under control multiplied by
cf, where cf is the appropriate control factor given in Table 9.6.2
corresponding
to the space type and the lighting controls designed to be used."

Baseline

"c. Mandatory automatic lighting controls required by Section 9.4.1 shall
be modeled the same as the proposed building design."

It looks like section 9.6.2c and Table 9.6.2 will govern the calculation
rather than Table G3.2.

*Best Regards, *
*Cheney*
Connect with me and view my   *http://lnkd.in/bqQf52i*