[Bldg-sim] The calculated ground temperature exceeds -100 C

Jianhua Huang jh.eco.cas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:58:47 PST 2015

Hi Mike:

Thanks for the information. I just checked the idf file, and it looks that
the evapotranspiration is set to FALSE by default. (I found two
evapotranspiration parameters in the file, and they are both set to FALSE)

  GroundHeatTransfer:Slab:BoundConds,
    FALSE,                   !- EVTR: Is surface evapotranspiration modeled
    TRUE,                    !- FIXBC: is the lower boundary at a fixed
temperature
    10,                      !- TDEEPin {C}
    FALSE;                   !- USRHflag: Is the ground surface h specified
by the user?

  GroundHeatTransfer:Basement:SurfaceProps,
    0.16,                    !- ALBEDO: Surface albedo for No snow
conditions
    0.4,                     !- ALBEDO: Surface albedo for snow conditions
    0.94,                    !- EPSLN: Surface emissivity No Snow
    0.86,                    !- EPSLN: Surface emissivity with Snow
    6,                       !- VEGHT: Surface roughness No snow conditions
{cm}
    0.25,                    !- VEGHT: Surface roughness Snow conditions
{cm}
    False;                   !- PET: Flag, Potential evapotranspiration on?

I also tried to update the EnergyPlus to V8.1 and V8.2. Unfortunately, none
of them work, and I still get the same errors.

Any other idea what happened? Thanks for any suggestion!

Sincerely,

Jianhua