[Bldg-sim] Modeling Boiler Efficiency - Ec vs Et

David Reddy david at 360-analytics.com
Wed Feb 11 09:02:32 PST 2015

Hi Chris and Nick,
For some reason the emails Nick forwarded did not come through properly,
so perhaps he covered this.  If not, I can say this same question has
come up in developing compliance software, and an equation is published
in the 2013 T24 NACM:

Et = Ec – 0.015  (Where Ec and Et are fractions)

For background, this equation was informed by comparing the thermal and
combustion efficiencies published for large boilers in the AHRI database.
- David