[Bldg-sim] Swimming pool lighting with 90.1

Julien.Dutel at mern.gouv.qc.ca Julien.Dutel at mern.gouv.qc.ca
Thu Jun 4 07:41:37 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have two concrete cases where I'm embarrassed regarding lighting in a swimming pool with 90.1.
Case 1 : A swimming pool building (the building  is a swimming pool)
In the lighting section of 90.1, the Building Area Method (9.5) has no building area type corresponding specifically to a swimming pool. My guess would be to choose the "Gymnasium" because as a swimming pool, there is high ceiling and locker room.

Using the Building Area Method, is the "Gymnasium" a correct assumption for a swimming pool building ?

Case 2 : A swimming pool in a residential building
  Assuming that the "multifamily"'s LPD doesn't allow me to  comply to the Building Area Method, and I decide to choose the space by space method. My guess would be to choose a building-specific space type in the list "Sport Arena", but I'm block by these unanswered question<http://energy-models.com/forum/energy-modeling-software/trace-700/leed-and-ashrae-901/lighting-power-density-space-space-meth> : what is the meaning of the class ? :

·         Court sport arena - class 4

·         Court sport arena - class 2

·         Court sport arena - class 1

Using the Space by Space Method, what would be the best building-specific space type for the area dedicated to the pool ?

Thanks,

Julien

Julien Dutel, ing., CEM, CMVP.
Direction des secteurs résidentiel, institutionnel et des affaires
Bureau de l'efficacité et de l'innovation énergétiques
Ministère des Ressources naturelles
5700, 4e Avenue Ouest, B-406
Québec (Québec)  G1H 6R1
Téléphone : 418 627-6379, poste 8060