[Bldg-sim] Swimming pool lighting with 90.1

Elizabeth Gillmor elizabeth at energetics-eng.com
Thu Jun 4 10:30:52 PDT 2015

Former lighting designer here.

You should use the "gymnasium" number, and use a space by space calc.  If
you think about it, a natatorium is the same space size/volume and
occupancy as a gym, with similar footcandle requirements for both
recreation and competition.  I have successfully used this on many LEED
EAc1 submittals.  Electrical engineers for these projects use the gymnasium
number for COMCheck as well.  It's definitely the norm.

Good luck!
Elizabeth

*Elizabeth Gillmor  PE, LC, LEED AP*

*e n e r g e t i c s  **consulting engineers, llc*
energetics-eng.com
c 303.619.0091