[Bldg-sim] Window Condensation - Fluent

Jillian Burgess jburgess at facadegroup.com
Thu Jun 25 11:51:15 PDT 2015

I'm trying to model the potential for condensation in a window assembly. The window assembly has an existing single-pane steel frame window and we're adding a single (or double) glazed unit on the interior. The exterior frame has some air leakage that I would need to make some assumptions about in the modeling.
I've started to model this in ANSYS Fluent, but I'm having trouble getting all of the parameters set correctly. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any papers and/or tutorials on this topic. I know it's a very complicated thing to model and there are (like any model) a lot of 'known unknowns' that will impact the results. I'm hoping to find some research that has already been done in this area and build or modify my project from that. Has anyone done this successfully?

[Email_sigweb]

Jillian Burgess, RA, LEED
jburgess at facadegroup.com
Office Direct 267 463 4352