[Bldg-sim] Simulation Tool Recommendations

Rune Korsholm Andersen rva at byg.dtu.dk
Thu May 21 00:02:31 PDT 2015

Dear James,

You could try IDA ICE. It has a strong airflow network model and both the PMV/PPD and adaptive models of thermal comfort are implemented. Compared to other tools (that I know of) it is strong on systems, extremely versatile and easy to use. The downside is slow simulations - especially for large models with many zones.

The guys at EQUA have told me that the slow simulations are a consequence of the airflow model (which you cannot turn off). According to them, IDA ICE is actually fast compared to other programmes (e.g. Energy+) with the air flow model running.

Best regards

Rune Korsholm Andersen, Ph.d.

Senior Researcher / Assiciate professor
International Centre for Indoor Environment and Energy

DTU Civil Engineering

Technical University of Denmark

[http://www.dtu.dk/images/DTU_email_logo_01.gif]

Department of Civil Engineering