[Bldg-sim] Comparing ASHRAE 90.1 App G Models to Real Buildings

Nathan Kegel nathan.kegel at iesve.com
Thu May 21 07:22:59 PDT 2015

Climate files used in the simulations versus the actual weather.

I’m in the midst of a project that shows a variance in EUI of up to 200% just by changing the climate file for the DOE primary school.  Full results to be presented in September.

Add in all the other factors already mentioned, and if your 90.1 model comes anywhere close the real buildings’ it’s far more likely that the 90.1 model was extremely “lucky” than it is that the model used accurate assumptions.

Regards,

Nathan

[cid:image001.png at 01D093A7.88A72020]<http://www.iesve.com/>

Nathan Kegel
Business Development Manager

O:

  763.276.9981

M:

  415.420.9314

http://www.iesve.com<http://www.iesve.com/>

Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No. SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow G20 0SP

Email Disclaimer<http://www.iesve.com/disclaimer.html>