[Bldg-sim] VRF performance curve

Rathna Shree rathnashreep at yahoo.in
Thu May 28 05:10:39 PDT 2015

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for all the responses. I followed the procedure outlined in the LG guide. The overall savings are up by 13%, savings on cooling alone is up by 35% when compared to the default DX curves. Of course there is unmet hour issue as i have considered PSZ system.
Also i tried a few trials to understand which particular curve is responsible for the higher savings and found that "f(t entering wet bulb, t enter condenser) curve gives higher savings. And then changing the cooling capacity curve provides additional savings. The least impact is from the PLR curve.
Now the question is whether the savings achieved is justifiable. Has anyone else come across the same issue?.
I am concerned about the savings because, in a core and shell project, with DX curves the project is achieving 5% savings and once i input the VRF curves, the savings shoots to more than 15%. Meeting LEED mandatory is dependent on the VRF curves.
I am working on Equest software.
Regards,Rathnashree