Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Operational Control of HVAC Systems Inquiry

Brent:

When developing a new module, you can include whatever control schema
are appropriate for the new component within the limits of the
available timesteps and the quasi-steady assumption within a
timestep.  While it is desirable to make new components complement
the existing models, there is no reason a new model cannot extend the
envelope.  If you have specific proposals, the team would be happy to
respond with comments.

Mike Witte
EnergyPlus Testing and Support

On 1 Aug 2001, at 15:14, brent.gutierrez@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I am trying to ascertain how much flexibility EnergyPlus gives the
> user in specifying and/or implementing system controls.  From what I
> understand in the engineering reference, equipment control schema may
> be incorporated into the component model.  What level of detail or
> sophistication is allowed??
> thanks

> http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/

Michael J. Witte                        mjwitte@xxxxxxxx
GARD Analytics, Inc.                        www.gard.com
1028 Busse Highway                    Phone 847-698-5685
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068-1802         FAX 847-698-5600
USA          Energy, Environmental and Economic Research

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/