Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] cross mixing air, does it consume power

At 12:15 PM 3/20/02, you wrote:
>Thank you Mrs. Lawrie;
>
>I configured cross mixing air in the simulation of 3m3/sec. with zero
>temperature diffirence between the recieving space and the supply space.
>It produced minumal cross air mixing flow as the zone air mixing output
>indicated and in very fiew days.
>Do I have to specify opinings between the two spaces,
>I am using simple air flow.

No you have probably specified everything correctly  -- it is one of the
defects we are currently working on and will hopefully be fixed in the
release.

You might be able to get better results by using two mixing statements (one
in each zone) as a work around until we have the cross mixing problem
fixed.  Here is more analysis on that:  (from the Change Request listing):

MJW 12Mar02
For a simple case, the reported volumes appear to be OK, but delta temp
controls are broken for cross mixing, so the mixing does not always occur
when expected.  Several sample files are checked in:

4634-HouseN.idf -- Base house with no mixing or cross mixing

4634-HouseN-Mixing.idf - Mixing from 1st-floor to Garage, with delta t = 0
   Mixing on both winter and summer design days, as expected.

4634-HouseN-Mixing-DelTPlus.idf - Mixing from 1st-floor to Garage, with
deltat t=0.1
   Mixing on winter day, not on summer day, as expected.

4634-HouseN-Mixing-DelTMinus.idf - Mixing from 1st-floor to Garage, with
deltat t= -0.1
   Mixing on summer day, not on winter day, as expected.

4634-HouseN-CrossMixing.idf - Cross Mixing from 1st-floor to Garage, with
delta t = 0
   *** Only getting mixing on winter design day when 1st-floor is warmer
than Garage, should be mixing on both days

4634-HouseN-CrossMixing-DelTPlus.idf - Cross Mixing from 1st-floor to
Garage, with deltat t=0.1
   *** No mixing on either day, should be mixing on winter day when
1st-floor is warmer than garage.

These descriptions may help you determine how to set up the work around for
your simulation.

Linda

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!