Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Gene -- install problems

Gene,

The "system busy" message on an NT/2000 platform might be generated in some cases, by an antivirus or another application that is keeping the system busy.

Try to do the following steps:

1. reboot the system (cold boot= shut down and that restatr AFTER 30 seconds min!)
2. after the system is restarted, login with your profile
3. close all running applications that are not needed including the antivirus
4. install the EnergyPlus program
5. reboot the system

It is recomandable that you have enough free disk space (recommended 300MB for the system file and another 100MB for the installatin!) This could be also a critical issue.

Good luck!

Stefan

  Gene Padilla <genpadilla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

thanks!
gene
--- Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe we have a lot of people who are currently
> running it on
> NT.  Including the testing people at GARD.
>
> I will look on the WISE site (which is what we are
> using for the install)
> and see if they say anything about a "system busy"
> message.
>
> At 10:19 AM 5/17/02, you wrote:
> >These guys are computer gurus, they maintain the
> >system here at the office.
> >--- Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> outside
> work